Friday, March 13, 2009

Thank You!

Wow. I received a tremendous response to the survey and I wanted to thank everyone who contributed their thoughts and opinions. Since you took the time to complete the survey, I thought I would share what the results were:

  • 42% would definitely attend an in-house professional development session.
  • 76 % would participate if CDPU's were offered.
  • 97% prefer during the week.
  • 48% preferred either the morning or afternoon while 28% preferred mornings & 24% preferred afternoons.
  • 38% would participate once a month, 34% on scheduled PD days, and 28% twice each month

The top five Professional Development Needs:

  1. Differentiating Instruction - 64%
  2. Reading Strategies - 61%
  3. Sharing Lessons - 46%
  4. Improving Student Behavior/Motivation - 46%
  5. Using wikis, blogs & tweeter in the classroom - 39%

Thank you again for your feedback. I will work with the PDC and other experts to help meet your spoken needs. In the meantime, I encourage you to visit the School Improvement Team Blogs, join a Wiki, share you ideas and seek wisdom from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment